SSS Maternity benefits: I got a P10,000 check from SSS

I am a self-employed mother so my I remit my contributions to SSS as a voluntary/self-employed member. I remit P520 per month, and managed to get my P10,000 check after I gave birth. I could have received more if I remitted more.



My cousin also pays P520 per month to SSS. She recently gave birth, but she was unable to get her maternity benefit because she did not notify SSS of her pregnancy during the first two months (2 months-as far as I remember). This is a requirement.

To be able to enjoy your maternity benefit, one must ensure that:

1. She has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage.
2. She has given the required notification of her pregnancy through her employer if employed, or to the SSS if separated, voluntary or self-employed member.

So how much is the maternity benefit?
The maternity benefit is equivalent to 100 per cent of the member’s average daily salary credit multiplied by 60 days for normal delivery or miscarriage, 78 days for caesarean section delivery.

One can also compute the amount through https://www.sss.gov.ph.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...